Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Mission Impossible

25 April 1915


Dear Uncle Sam
Firstly, we were sailing on the rough sea, when we saw something, we were getting closer and closer. We saw the sand and heard gun shots every where. “Open the sails” shouted Don. He shouted as loud as a gun shot


Afterwards we arrived at the beach and walked to search for a spot to keep safe.


When we found a place we built trenches that were 6 x 5 feet - dugged out caves and soon it was night. Guns shot everywhere. I was lucky a bullet hit my button on my ANZAC coat. We went back to our trenches and had a rest. We were only allowed to drink a little bit of water because we only had one bottle of water. It was a rough day and we were hungry.


Next my mate Pita had brought some ANZAC biscuits and we all rushed to him and he had to share. We only had one biscuit each because he had two packets. We then went to sleep but it was hard because of the loud noise from gunshots. It was dawn and we woke up. I had a sip from my bottle of water and climbed out of my trench.


Finally,  I then put my coat on and the battle soon began again. When we retreated back we were tired and we were all sad because my mate Simon died. We went on and the sun went down. It was a lovely sunset and we settled down to rest.


by your loving son, Don




No comments:

Post a Comment